At Today’s Author, our first goal is to get you (and us) to write. Write Now is our own collection of prompts to help you do that. With Write Now we’re not talking about writing, or trying to teach anyone how to write. Write Now is all about putting pen to paper.
He was certain there was nothing that could brighten this cold, dark, dreary day.
How to play along with our Writing Prompts
- Write in any format or style you wish: short story, poem, script – whatever you like.
- Write for at least 5 minutes. There is no time limit – write for as long as you wish!
- Editing is not required, though we do recommend that you run a spell check at least.
- Post your work to your blog and include a link back here so your readers can find other writer’s work, too.
- Come back here and provide a link to your work on the Write Now! prompt for which it was written.
- Read other authors’ posts and leave constructive comments.
Important Note: When you post a draft of your work online, it may be difficult to find a publisher who will accept it, as many see an online document as being previously published. It may also be ineligible to be submitted for certain writing competitions. Always check publisher’s and competition guidelines before using a draft you put online.
Sorry, late again. We’ve had extreme flooding over in my neck of the woods (Western Sydney) and everyone has basically been glued to the TV and FB to keep up with State Emergency Services updates. Anyhoo, my latest blog post is here…
Well, that wasn’t supposed to happen. Not sure why the link is like that. Sorry, you can delete it if you like.