At Today’s Author, our first goal is to get you (and us) to write. Write Now is our own collection of prompts to help you do that. With Write Now we’re not talking about writing, or trying to teach anyone how to write. Write Now is all about putting pen to paper.
He had made his garden in the same place for thirty years, but as he began to dig into the soil on the first warm day of the spring, his shovel hit an old, rusty, metal box.
How to play along with our Writing Prompts
- Write in any format or style you wish: short story, poem, script – whatever you like.
- Write for at least 5 minutes. There is no time limit – write for as long as you wish!
- Editing is not required, though we do recommend that you run a spell check at least.
- Post your work to your blog and include a link back here so your readers can find other writer’s work, too.
- Come back here and provide a link to your work on the Write Now! prompt for which it was written.
- Read other authors’ posts and leave constructive comments.
Important Note: When you post a draft of your work online, it may be difficult to find a publisher who will accept it, as many see an online document as being previously published. It may also be ineligible to be submitted for certain writing competitions. Always check publisher’s and competition guidelines before using a draft you put online.
How exactly do you link a post to the prompt?
Hi! Once you’ve written your response to the prompt and post it on your blog, you can copy the URL of that post on your blog and paste it here in the comments.
Here’s mine: https://michaelsfishbowl.com/2018/04/01/some-days-write-now/
Hi folks!! I’m so glad this is still rolling! I’ll catch the next prompt when its up. excited to be part of this.