At Today’s Author, our first goal is to get you (and us) to write. Write Now is our own collection of prompts to help you do that. With Write Now we’re not talking about writing, or trying to teach anyone how to write. Write Now is all about putting pen to paper.
He peered through the binoculars, hoping he’d know what he was looking for once it came into view.
How to play along with our Writing Prompts
- Write in any format or style you wish: short story, poem, script – whatever you like.
- Write for at least 5 minutes. There is no time limit – write for as long as you wish!
- Editing is not required, though we do recommend that you run a spell check at least.
- Post your work to your blog and include a link back here so your readers can find other writer’s work, too.
- Come back here and provide a link to your work on the Write Now! prompt for which it was written.
- Read other authors’ posts and leave constructive comments.
Important Note: When you post a draft of your work online, it may be difficult to find a publisher who will accept it, as many see an online document as being previously published. It may also be ineligible to be submitted for certain writing competitions. Always check publisher’s and competition guidelines before using a draft you put online.
Not sure if I’m supposed to put my link here, newbie you see. Here’s my link to my short story for “He peered through the binoculars, hoping he’d know what he was looking for once it came into view.
Yes, you did it exactly right. Welcome to the Write Now family!
Thanks for the like Rob, I really enjoyed writing that.
I’ve done it, great start to just writing something. Really enjoyed myself between feeding and watering the kids!