At Today’s Author, our first goal is to get you (and us) to write. Write Now is our own collection of prompts to help you do that. With Write Now we’re not talking about writing, or trying to teach anyone how to write. Write Now is all about putting pen to paper.
The man from the car service was waiting for her in the driveway, but she didn’t want to leave the house.
How to play along with our Writing Prompts
- Write in any format or style you wish: short story, poem, script – whatever you like.
- Write for at least 5 minutes. There is no time limit – write for as long as you wish!
- Editing is not required, though we do recommend that you run a spell check at least.
- Post your work to your blog and include a link back here so your readers can find other writer’s work, too.
- Come back here and provide a link to your work on the Write Now! prompt for which it was written.
- Read other authors’ posts and leave constructive comments.
Important Note: When you post a draft of your work online, it may be difficult to find a publisher who will accept it, as many see an online document as being previously published. It may also be ineligible to be submitted for certain writing competitions. Always check publisher’s and competition guidelines before using a draft you put online.
Here’s mine, I hope you like it! http://officialmattroberts.com/2014/09/30/watching-them-change/
when I read this prompt all I could think about was Catherine Tates comic sketch about Posh people and this exact thing happening.. enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLVBBPw_6P0
Mine is kind of dark but I hope you like it!