At Today’s Author, our first goal is to get you (and us) to write. Write Now is our own collection of prompts to help you do that. With Write Now we’re not talking about writing, or trying to teach anyone how to write. Write Now is all about putting pen to paper.
He was digging a hole for the new rosebush when the shovel hit something large and metallic.
How to play along with our Writing Prompts
- Write in any format or style you wish: short story, poem, script – whatever you like.
- Write for at least 5 minutes. There is no time limit – write for as long as you wish!
- Editing is not required, though we do recommend that you run a spell check at least.
- Post your work to your blog and include a link back here so your readers can find other writer’s work, too.
- Come back here and provide a link to your work on the Write Now! prompt for which it was written.
- Read other authors’ posts and leave constructive comments.
Important Note: When you post a draft of your work online, it may be difficult to find a publisher who will accept it, as many see an online document as being previously published. It may also be ineligible to be submitted for certain writing competitions. Always check publisher’s and competition guidelines before using a draft you put online.
Here’s mine folks.
This is a bit of a dark short story for me. First one of it’s kind which I have written. Any feedback is very much appreciated. I hope you all enjoy it. Please do leave a comment.
Please check out my blog, it’s my only way of expression… fo the time being at least :p
Here’s what I wrote: http://ramblesofasquigglesmurf.wordpress.com/2014/06/26/writenowprompt-curiosity/?preview=true&preview_id=83&preview_nonce=c15e31c95a&post_format=standard
Let me know what you think!
http://eastelmhurstagogo.wordpress.com/2014/06/26/herberts-box/ I really hope you like it~
Here we go again! I hope you enjoy! Cybs 🙂
and here’s for the 27 June prompt 🙂 Cybs
Hope it’s ok to do this, but I had quite a lot of people ask what happens next, so here’s the next instalment of The Time Capsule – hope you like! Cybs 🙂
Here’s part 10 – sorry for the delay! 😀